South West Notts Scout District covers the Attenborough, Beeston, Bramcote, Chilwell, Toton, Stapleford and Trowell areas of the Borough of Broxtowe on the outskirts of Nottingham.
Our 12 Scout Groups and 5 Explorer Scout Units and our Network unit currently provide a challenging and adventurous programme of fun-packed activities for over 800 young people aged 6 – 25 years – both boys and girls!
Find your local Group or Unit
The Big Shoot, is a shooting competition for both archery and air rifles held at Drum Hill Scout Camp over the weekend of 13th & 14th May.
This has been running for over 10 years and is open to Scouts, Explorers, Network & Leaders and attracts competitors from a number of counties including Nottinghamshire.
This is a great competition and well worth entering for those who want to experience more than a “have a go session”.
Chris Phillips (GSL at 2nd Toton) has been part of the organising team since the competition started and recommends it as a brilliant programme opportunity for this New Year.
Poster available here and the application form is available here
2017 has dawned – a year that holds much promise for Scouting in SW Notts.
Look out for further news of the following exciting planned developments:
- The 6th Beeston Scout Group is planning to open a new Beaver Scout Colony, a new Cub Scout Pack and a new Scout Troop progressively throughout the year – enabling them to potentially offer Scouting to an additional 60 young people across all three sections by mid-2018.
- 1st Chilwell and Attenborough Scout Group have tentative plans to open a second Beaver Colony to meet the growing demand from local families. They are seeking additional adult volunteers to act as leaders in this new section.
- We are hoping to sign a 10-year Licence for the use of Hemlock Scout Campsite in Bramcote by the end of March.
- We will be selecting the young people who will be representing the District at the 2019 World Scout Jamboree to be held in the USA. Keep your eyes and ears open for more details.
- The 2nd Attenborough Scout Group is anticipating growth in all three sections following a difficult 18 months – brought about by greater community involvement leading to increased interest from local families.
- Our “Castle Rock” Scout Network, which was launched mid-2016, will be taking part in 2 Explorer Belt Expeditions in the summer. One will be in Sweden and the other in Italy.
- We aim to appoint a District Youth Commissioner to help us further promote Youth Shaped Scouting in readiness for the new exciting developments planned for Scouting nationally in 2018.