This is a unlisted page for the nominated Re-Start Champions and their Group Scout Leaders.
The District will be working closely with County and The Scout Association (TSA) to gather the relevant information and procedures about re-starting scouting. Simon Clark (District Commissioner) and Ed Hewes (District Re-Start Champion & Youth Commissioner) will then share relevant information with this group of Re-Start Champions and GSLs.
What do we know at present?
AMBER Phase Information (06.07.20)
From Monday 6th July 2020, the rules in England changed and The Scouts moved to the Amber readiness level, alongside the rest of the youth sector.
This means that Scouts in SW Notts District can now organise COVID-19 safe face-to-face activities outdoors only with a maximum group size of 15.
Please note that:
- Leaders need to be included in this maximum group size number.
- No young person or adult volunteer can move between different groups of 15 on the same day.
- This is for all Sections except for Scout Network, as the rules cover under 18s only. Scout Network must follow the same rules as adults in social settings.
- No face to face activity can take place until you have done all the preparations to ensure a safe return, and these written risk assessments and plans have been approved locally by the District Commissioner (Simon Clark) and the District Executive Committee.
- Residential activities and international trips are not currently permitted.
- Read all the guidance and steps that need to be taken before any face to face activity can resume.
The following flow-chart outlines the re-start process:
In supporting you to return to face-to-face activities locally, TSA are processing DBS applications again from Monday 6th July. You can read the guidance on this which includes temporary adaptations to the ID checking process.
It’s time to share this with your teams:
Please share these updates with your teams and start to make your plans for a safe return. There is no expectation of when you should hold your first outdoor meeting and there is no rush. Every Section and Group will have different circumstances and will know what is right for them. Plans must be carefully considered and safety is the priority. If you are unsure if you can stick to the guidance set out, you should not go ahead with any face-to-face activity.
Shared File Storage – DropBox
Our Shared DropBox (linked below) is a space where District will share key files relating to the re-start of Scouting. This is a password-protected file storage area. To access, please click the icon below and enter the password shared via email (please do not share the password with anyone):
Current Information From TSA:
For the latest information from The Scout Association as restrictions begin to ease, please follow the link below: